Vembu Backup for Microsoft Windows
Comprehensive and affordable backup solution for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations
- Disk-Image based backup for Windows Servers and Workstations
- Backup the entire machine or a specific disk or volume
- Supports Bare-metal Recovery (BMR)
- Instant Boot VM Recovery (P2V)
- Instant File & Application-Item Recovery
- Automatic Backup Verification
- Centralized UI to configure, manage and restore backups
- Free full-featured Backup for Unlimited Windows Workstations
Backup your Windows Server for $12 per month
Sign up for a Free Demo
〉 Vembu Backup for Microsoft Windows – Free vs Standard Edition
Vembu offers Free backup software for unlimited Windows Workstations without any feature restrictions and Free Backup Software for unlimited Windows Servers with restricted features.
Just by spending $12 per month for a Windows Server, you can protect all your Windows Servers running across physical, virtual and cloud with a powerful backup solution.
〉 Microsoft Windows Backup – Feature Highlights
- Image-based backup of Windows Servers/Workstations running on physical and virtual platforms
- Backup the entire Windows Servers and Workstations or only selected disks/volumes of Windows machines
- Supports the backup of MBR and GPT partitioned disks and the disks of size more than 2 TB of data in a Windows machine
- Vembu backup for Microsoft Windows supports the backup of both Basic disk and Dynamic disks in a Windows machine
- Deploy and manage Vembu Backup agents directly from the BDR backup server user interface
- Application-aware backup along with automatic Log Truncation for MS Exchange, SQL, AD and Sharepoint servers
- Vembu uses its proprietary Changed Block Tracking driver to take incremental backup after the initial full backup
- Flexibly scale your backup repositories as when required through Scale-out repository feature of Vembu
- Automated Backup Verification to verify the data recoverability of the backed up Windows Servers and End-points
- Configure, restore and monitor the backup of Windows machines from a centralized web-based User Interface
- With Bare-Metal Recovery (BMR) restore the entire machine, including operating system, applications, and data to the same or new hardware
- Using Instant Boot VM (P2V) option restore the entire physical Windows machine as a VM on VMware/Hyper-V/KVM hypervisor
- Restore the corrupted volumes or disks of Windows Machines through the Disk/ partition level recovery option of Vembu
- Instantly restore files/folders from Windows Server backup without restoring the entire image of the Windows machine
- Granular restore of applications such as Microsoft Active Directory, SQL, Exchange, and SharePoint using free recovery tool of Vembu
- Flexibility to migrate Windows machines from a physical to a virtual platform to achieve cross-platform migration
- Built-in AES 256-bit industrial grade encryption that encrypts the backup data in flight and at rest to ensure data security
- Vembu offers in-built compression of backup data without compromising on its integrity to control the storage space occupation
- Inbuilt deduplication of redundant data to reduce the storage space with an ability to scale as and when required
- Store a secondary copy of the backup data in an offsite location- Remote/Branch office, Cloud and archive it for years using Native Tape drives
〉 Supported Microsoft Windows Platforms
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 & above
- Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Windows Small Business Server 2008
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 & 8.1
- Windows 7
〉 How does Vembu Backup for Microsoft Windows work?
- Vembu uses Microsoft VSS technology to take a snap of the entire Windows machine or a selected disk/partition of it
- The application-aware processing ensures a consistent database snapshot by quiescing the MS applications using Microsoft VSS APIs
- The initial backup is the full backup and the rest are only the incrementals (changes)
- The changes are captured at the block-level using the proprietary Changed Block Tracking (CBT) driver of Vembu to ensure faster backups at an RPO of every 15 mins
〉 Unique Backup features for Microsoft Windows
Disk Image Backup
Vembu offers Disk image based backup for physical Windows Servers and Endpoints, with a flexibility to backup the entire Windows machine or a particular disk/volume of it.
- Supports backup for both Basic and Dynamic disks
- Backup disks that are larger in size i.e. more than 2 TB in size
- Exclude system files during backup – pagefil.sys & hiber.sys using the advanced filter option
Advanced Near Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
The flexible scheduling policies of Vembu, to backup Windows Servers, Windows desktops/laptops, at an RPO of every 15 minutes, helps to achieve near continuous data protection.
- Incremental Windows backup using proprietary Changed Block Tracking driver of Vembu to ensure faster backups and less data transfer
- Run backups on Hourly/Daily/Weekly basis
- Configure additional full backups on Daily/Weekly/Monthly basis
Businesses today run services and data on top of business-critical applications and the data protection solutions need to have the ability to interact with the application for consistent backups.
- Leverages Microsoft VSS technology to create consistent application backups
- Supported for Windows Servers running Microsoft Exchange, SQL, SharePoint and Active Directory
- Automatic Transaction Log Truncation to save the storage space
Flexible Retention Policies
Retention allows organizations to have control over the number of recovery points that are to be retained for a certain period of time by purging older recovery points of a backup job.
- The Basic and Advanced Retention Policies of Vembu helps to retain multiple recovery points that span for days to years
- Depending on business SLAs the retention policy can be varied by selecting the number of versions to be retained
- Can also retain the number of Full backups to be stored
Automated Verification of Backups
Verifying backups is one of the most crucial steps as far as disaster recovery is concerned. Vembu BDR Suite provides an automated process for verifying backups in order to ensure data integrity.
- 3-tier of backup verification – Boot test, Mount test and Data Integrity test
- Automatically boots and tests the integrity of backed up Windows Servers/Workstations
- Screenshot of the booted machine is captured and sent to the admin via email
〉 Multiple Recovery options for Windows Machine
The Bare Metal Recovery (BMR) feature of Vembu allows you to recover the complete physical Window Servers, Desktops and Laptops from the scratch. This Restoration process brings back the system to its previous state before the occurrence of the disaster or system crash.
- Perform free Bare Metal Recovery (BMR) using Vembu Recovery CD
- Bare Metal Recovery also restores the supporting environment such as operating systems and applications in-order to rebuild the system
The Vembu backup for Windows Servers and Windows PCs allows you to instantly boot the entire physical machine as a virtual machine on a VMware/Hyper-V/KVM hypervisor.
- Physical to Virtual platform migration – (P2V)
- Meet RTO less than 15 minutes
- Similarly mount the disks of the backed up Windows machine virtually on the local server in couple of second using Disk Management mount recovery option of Vembu
The basic recovery operation is granular recovery of files/folders from an image based backup. Vembu ensures quick and easy recovery of files and folders directly from the backup data of physical Windows Servers/Workstations.
- Restore files/folders to the same or different location
- Restore the file/folders along with their file permissions
Recovery of Microsoft Applications
Vembu Universal Explorer Tool allows the item-level recovery of Microsoft applications in order to have granular control over the applications in Windows machines for free.
- Supported for Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Sharepoint and Active Directory
- Mount the backup data, browse and restore the application items directly from the Windows disk image backup
- Restore specific application items from the backup of Microsoft Exchange Server, SQL Server, and Active Directory Server running on a physical or virtual Windows platform
〉 Robust Data Security & Management options for Windows
Higher Grade Backup Encryption
Scale Out Backup Repository
Software Defined Backup Storage
Build Virtual Lab Environments
〉 DR support for Microsoft Windows Backup
Replicate a copy of the backup data to an offsite location i.e. a remote office/branch office datacenter to ensure extended data protection at times of unexpected disasters using Vembu Offsite DR server.
- Bandwidth throttling of network to limit its traffic during work hours
- Seed large amount of backup data to offsite locations to save bandwidth and time
Experience the power of Cloud by replicating a copy of business-critical data from Windows machine to Vembu Cloud, in order to access the data from anywhere. This Vembu Cloud resides in Amazon Web Services.
- Granularly restore the backup data from anywhere at any time
- Control replicating the secondary copy of data at work hours through Offsite Replication Window
Replication to Hybrid Cloud
Native Tape Backup
Vembu offers Native tape backup support both at the primary location and secondary location to archive Windows Server/Workstation backup for a longer period of time at very low cost compared to other competitors in the market.
- Efficient and cost-effective long-term archival of data
- Helps to meet the best practice of 3-2-1 backup strategy
How does Vembu Backup for MS Windows works
Vembu backup software for Windows Servers and Workstations offers Image Backup that allows you to backup the entire disk or the selected partitions of Windows systems including its Operating System(OS), boot information, system settings, applications, and files – even while the system is still being used.
Using multiple restore options of Vembu one can restore Windows Image Backup data granularly, perform cross-platform migration, instantly boot the backup data in a virtual environment and also perform Bare-Metal Recovery to build an entire Windows machine from scratch on new hardware.
It is not necessary to back up every drive all the time, you can select volumes which contain business-critical data based on your requirement.
Application Aware Backup
Vembu backup software for Windows Server/Workstation ensures that the backup data is un-corrupt and consistent by giving you the option to backup only if all the application writers are stable.
Vembu BDR Suite allows organizations to meet and exceed competitive RTO and RPO objectives and delivers blistering backup and efficient restore of data.
Backup Retention Policy
The Retention Policies of a backup job determines the period up to which a backup data should be retained and it depends on the importance of the data, Compliance Mandates, Legal policies and Storage Requirements.
Enhanced Data Security
Vembu BDR Suite allows organizations to effectively secure all data, including Windows Server and Workstation backups to meet International compliance regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), PCI-DSS, and much more.
Restore your physical Windows systems to the same or new hardware using Vembu Recovery CD, with which you can recreate the entire OS and data back to its previous state before the disaster or system crash could occur.
Instant Boot Recovery
The Vembu Windows Server/Workstation backup allows you to instantly boot the physical Windows machine as a virtual machine on a VMware/Hyper-V/KVM hypervisor.
Disk/Partition level Recovery
This recovery option of Vembu allows you to restore an individual disk/partition from the physical Windows Server backup/Workstation backup. The disk/partition will be restored and attached to the target machine and can be accessed from that target machine itself.
Granular File/Folder level Recovery
Vembu BDR Suite allows granular restore of files from a Windows Server backup/Workstation backup. This allows restoring only the required data instantly without restoring an entire Windows machine.
Application Item level Recovery
Vembu backup software for Microsoft Windows Server/Workstation allows you to granularly restore applications items from a Windows Image Backup using Vembu Universal Explorer.
Performing an efficient and instant recovery during disaster has been a challenging task; With this enhanced feature of Vembu backup for Windows Server/Workstation you can instantly mount the backed up data virtually on the disk management of the local machine.
Migrate the backed up physical Windows Servers/Workstations to a virtual environment (P2V) by downloading the appropriate virtual disk format- VMDK, Flat-VMDK, VHD, VHDX and RAW to launch as a VM
Offsite DR provides extended data protection to your critical business data by replicating them from the production site to an offsite data center, in order to safeguard your organisation during unexpected disasters.
Replicate the backup data from onsite backup server storage to Vembu Cloud hosted in AWS. In case of any disaster, the backup data can be directly restored from the cloud without any complication and it is also cost effective for small and Medium Businesses.
Replication to Hybrid Cloud
Replicate a copy of the backed up Windows machine to your own cloud storage that relies on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) through respective gateways connected to the Vembu Offsite DR Server.
Native Tape Backup
The Tape Backup support of Vembu offers long term archiving of backup data. Both the BDR Backup Server and Offsite DR Server can perform all tape operations from their respective consoles. You can store your Windows image-based backups to the tape server and achieve it for ages.
Backup Repository Management
Backup Repository is where backup data is stored. You can pool together multiple storage volumes and create one or more backup repositories. These repositories can be extended at any time by adding new storage volumes.
All the licenses of Vembu BDR Suite of products are managed from a centralized Portal -Vembu Portal. From this portal account one can manage the licenses, billing, and invoices of all Vembu products & services that are being used.
Vembu allows you to create one or more groups by combining different entities like agents, backup jobs, and VMs for ease of management.
Vembu provides updated status of each and every activity taking place within the backup server via reports -you get to know the status of the backup job, VM status, the integrity of the backup data and much more from these reports.
A centralised monitoring tool of Vembu that provides an hawk’s eye view of all the backups and offsite replications across Vembu BDR Suite of products.
30 Days of Free Trial
Download the 30-day free trial to explore the full functionality of the Vembu BDR Suite.